In this blog post, we have consolidated the key points each candidate has to say about immigration policy. For more elaborate explanations of their answers, please visit their campaign websites.
- Implement a temporary suspension on deportations until a proper inspection of current policies and practices is executed.
- Re-implement DACA.
- A complete overhaul of the immigration enforcement system, which includes dissolving ICE and CBP.
- Eliminate detention centers.
- Welcome and integrate refugees and asylum-seekers into the country.
For more information, please visit: https://berniesanders.com/issues/welcoming-and-safe-america-all/
- Promote belonging and democracy.
- Modernize our immigration system.
- Protect the border and the people who arrive there.
- Engage with the global community.
For more information, please visit: https://peteforamerica.com/policies/immigration/#ImmigrationSystem
- DACA – citizenship for Dreamers
- The Wall – back additional wall funding in broader immigration legislation
For more information, please visit: https://www.klobuchar.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2018/6/sen-amy-klobuchar-on-immigration-reform-we-need-to-get-this-done
- De-criminalize migration and re-focus enforcement on serious criminal activity.
- Separate law enforcement from immigration enforcement to strengthen our communities.
- Remake CBP and ICE in a way that reflects our values.
- Create accountability for the abuse perpetrated during the Trump Era.
For more information, please visit: https://elizabethwarren.com/toolkit/fair-and-welcoming-immigration
- Take urgent action to undo Trump’s damage and reclaim America’s values
- Modernize America’s immigration system
- Welcome immigrants in our communities
- Reassert America’s commitment to asylum-seekers and refugees
- Tackle the root causes of irregular migration
- Implement effective border screening
For more information, please visit: https://joebiden.com/immigration/
- Protect Dreamers
- End family separation at the border
- Rescind Trump’s travel ban against Muslim-majority countries
- Create a pathway to citizenship for 11 million undocumented people
- Shift resources from Trump’s wall to smart security measures
For more information, please visit: https://www.mikebloomberg.com/policies/immigration