I was laid off by my employer. Can I stay in the U.S.?

If you are working in the U.S. with an H-1B visa, you have up to 60 days or until your I-94 expires (whichever comes first) to find a new sponsor for a change of employer, apply for a change of status, or leave the U.S.   

Sheila Starkey Hahn

Sheila T. Starkey Hahn's Profile Image
Ms. Starkey Hahn has devoted her entire legal career to the practice of immigration law. She has helped thousands of satisfied individuals and companies achieve their immigration goals by providing trustworthy and effective legal advice. Ms. Starkey…

Read More About Sheila

For More Information

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.