Immigration Services


The Law Offices of Sheila Starkey Hahn works with in-house corporate counsel, human resources personnel and employees to provide professional legal advice and services in securing temporary work visas and green cards. Read More

Temporary Visas (Non-Immigrant)

The H-1B visa allows foreign employees to work temporarily in the United States in a specialty occupation. To be eligible for H-1B status, the following criteria must be met: Employer-employee relationship between foreign national and U.S. employer Read More

Immigrant Visas / PERM

The application for Permanent Employment Certification (Form ETA9089) is filed electronically on the Department of Labor website on a multi-page application, Form ETA 9089. PERM is an attestation-based and audit system where employers file permanent… Read More

Family Visas

These visas are available to those with a family relationship to a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident. There are two groups of family-based immigrant visa categories: Immediate Relative Immigrant Visas (Unlimited) These are for immediate relat… Read More


To qualify for asylum in the United States, the applicant must demonstrate through credible and consistent testimony and supporting documentation (where available) that he or she has suffered past persecution or has a well-founded fear of future pers… Read More

Cancellation of Removal

To qualify for non-LPR Cancellation of Removal from the U.S., the applicant must be in removal proceedings before the immigration court and must prove: Evidence of presence in the U.S. for ten years or more prior to the issuance of the Notice to Appe… Read More

Students, Diplomats & Other Visitors

Foreign government officials or employees of foreign government officials, students, and other visitors to the United States may qualify for visas including A visas, B visas, F visas, and G visas. Read More