What could be considered a “specialty occupation” that qualifies for an H-1B visa?

A "specialty occupation" qualifying for an H-1B visa is any job that requires the “theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge to fully perform the occupation AND requires the attainment of a bachelor’s degree or higher in a specific specialty as a minimum for entry into the occupation in the United States.” The position must require a bachelor’s degree or higher in a specific field and the beneficiary must have the required degree.

Sheila Starkey Hahn

Sheila T. Starkey Hahn's Profile Image
Sheila Starkey Hahn has devoted her entire legal career to the practice of immigration law. With offices in up-state New York, Memphis and Washington DC, Ms. Starkey Hahn focuses her practice on employment-based immigration. She assists established c…

Read More About Sheila

For More Information

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.